In case you haven't heard already there is a private commuter ferry service being crowdfunded. The ferry would connect Marina Bay with San Francisco before the official start of the Richmond Ferry Service that is expected to begin in 2018. For more information or to purchase advance tickets go here.
Here are some of the details:
• Boats depart from Richmond Marina Bay and San Francisco Pier 1.5.
• Each one-way trip takes 35 minutes, including boarding and disembarking.
• Free WiFi service and Free bike on board for commuters
• Beverage service available
• Flat screen TVs
• Passes valid Monday through Friday only, and will be good for 30day from the time we "Tilt". Service begins as soon as we "Tilt". Tideline will email contributors with complete service details upon Tilting.
• Passes are non-transferable and cannot be shared.
• Passes are not refundable unless a route is canceled at Tideline's discretion due to weather conditions.